Sunday, January 31, 2016

Sunday Night Rewind - 1/31/16

*  We continued our sermon series today in the book of James here at New Calvary Baptist Church.  Specifically, we focused on verses 26 and 27 of chapter 1.

*  The three areas we looked at were (1) Conversation (2) Compassion (3) Conduct.  May God help us to resemble Jesus Christ more and more when it comes to these three.

*  So after four weeks, we have finished chapter one of this awesome book.  It's teaching me a lot each week when I study, and I hope in some small way it's a help to the fine people who come to the services here at New Calvary.  We begin chapter two next Sunday and look at the idea of impartiality.

*  Tonight was our 5th Sunday Night Singing at the church.  Different people shared their musical talents and we all had a good time together.  Every song had a positive message and moved me.  I enjoyed all of it, and I think everyone else in attendance enjoyed it as well.
*  After tonight's service, we enjoyed a church wide ice cream social.  That was good fun for everyone!  The brownies were an added delight.  :)

*  I'm happy for my cousin, Christy.  She and her fiancé were married today, and I was honored to officiate their ceremony.  We had it at Sawn Lake Gardens here in Sumter.  The weather was just right, Christy looked very nice, and the newlyweds were thrilled to tie the knot.
*  Congratulations, Christy and Danny!  Best wishes to you for many happy years together.

*  Saw a great movie yesterday.  It's called "The Finest Hours", and it's a true story about courage and survival in the midst of great adversity.  I'd highly recommend it to you.  To watch the trailer for this, just click HERE.

*  On a serious note, our friend Lila Gamble went home to be with Jesus this past week after a long battle with cancer.  I liked her a lot.  We had her memorial service on Friday and I preached it.  A big crowd showed up to support the family.  May God comfort the whole family in this season of grief.

That's all I have for tonight.  It's been a good weekend.  I'm blessed and thankful. 

Plenty of new blog posts will be up this week.  Hope you get something good out of them.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment