Friday, January 22, 2016

28 In A Row

Yesterday, I was in the zone!

My son and I were playing basketball in the driveway.  I took a shot and made it.  Then I made another one.  And another one after that.  Man, I was feeling good and making everything.  So I kept on shooting.  I made ten in a row.  Then fifteen.  Even Emerson was impressed.  All my shots were going right in the hoop.  Before long, I hit twenty eight shots in a row!  I have to admit, I was right proud of myself.

Then I took my twenty ninth shot.  Can you guess what happened?  I missed it.

Oh well.  In the game of basketball, nobody can be perfect.  Sooner or later, we all are going to miss the mark.

In the game of life, there is only one who is perfect.  He is flawless in every way.  Without blemish.  He is the Lord!  Rick Warren was right when he wrote these words:  "We are not perfect; God is perfect.  We are flawed; God is flawless."

Check out these two scriptures...

Psalm 18:30 -  "As for God, His way is perfect."

Deuteronomy 32:4 - "He is the Rock, His works are perfect, and all His ways are just.  A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is He."

These two passages combine beautifully to remind us of one point:  God is perfect in every way.  Everything He does is right.  Always!

What does this mean to us?

(1). God is worthy of worship.  We sing praises to His name and speak favorably of Him because He has more than earned it.  Take a moment today and worship God for His perfection.

(2). God is worthy of trust.  Because everything He says and does is right, we can put our faith in Him with every area of our lives.  He will always treat us right, and He will never do us wrong.  Find comfort today in knowing that you can talk to God about your life, and you can trust Him to handle everything in it.

Sure, I felt good about my twenty eight in a row.  That was fun.  But I feel much better about the total perfection of God.  And you should too.  He never misses the mark.  Ever.  How blessed we are to have Him over our lives.  What a wonderful God He is!

No comments:

Post a Comment