Sunday, January 24, 2016

Sunday Night Rewind - 1/24/16

*  Today's sermon here at New Calvary Baptist Church was "Take It In.  Live It Out".  The scripture was James 1:19-25.

*  The first part focused on verses 19-21.  "Take It In" means to welcome God's Word into our lives.  Through listening and reading, we can feed on scripture.

*  Two barriers to this are [1] Anger, and [2] Moral filth.

*  Taking in God's Word sets us free, and positions us for blessings from above.

*  The second part focused on verses 22-25.  "Live It Out" means to put into practice what we hear and learn from God's Word.

*  We are to be doers, not just hearers.  This means God calls us to put into action what He teaches us.
*  I'm enjoying our time in the book of James.  What an awesome book it is!! 

*  It got cold here in Sumter this past week.  Really cold!!  But I love it.  This is my kind of weather.

*  We got a little bit of snow yesterday.  Not enough to stick, but just enough to enjoy looking at for a few moments.  Beautiful stuff!

*  Watched a great movie on DVD this weekend.  "Taking Chance".  I highly recommend you watching this.  It's about the care and honor our US military shows to those who die in the line of duty.  To watch the trailer for it, just click HERE.

*  Looking forward to the Super Bowl.  I'm pulling for those Carolina Panthers!  Supporting the home team all the way.

*  Revival services are coming up here at New Calvary Baptist Church, May 1-4 of this year.  Our guest speaker is Dr. Wyman Richardson.  I know him pretty well, because he is my youngest brother.  Wyman pastors Central Baptist Church in North Little Rock, Arkansas.  He has also written a couple of books that were published and well received.  In addition to this, Wyman has participated in several short-time mission trips.  I'm really proud of him, and I'm excited about him coming here in May.  While I probably am biased, I unashamedly will say that he is one of my favorite preachers.  God has blessed him with a special ability for communicating His Word.  To check out Wyman's blog, and read some of his stuff, just click HERE.

*  That's all for tonight.  Life is good, and I am thankful.  Not much more to report other than that. 

*  Plenty of new blog posts are coming this week.  I hope you enjoy them and find them helpful or encouraging.

*  May God richly bless you and yours!!

No comments:

Post a Comment