Sunday, November 1, 2015

Sunday Night Rewind - 11/1/15

*  We had Homecoming today here at New Calvary Baptist Church!  It was exciting to have packed pews in the sanctuary. 
 
*  Rev. Gene Stokes, one of our former pastors, preached the morning sermon.  He talked about the church being what God has intended it to be. 
 *  After the worship service, we had lunch for everyone in our fellowship hall.  The food was delicious and the fellowship was enjoyable.
*  I stood back and enjoyed watching everyone visit and have fun together.  It made me feel good to see this church family experiencing such a great time. 
 
*  Things are going well with this church, and I'm honored to be a part of it!
 
*  These are special days for our family.  My Elizabeth had a birthday on Friday, and Rachel has a birthday tomorrow.  Wow, my kids are growing up quickly!  I have three teenage daughters and a ten year old boy.  Time sure does fly by.
 
*  I've got to brag on my three youngest kids, Elizabeth, Rachel, and Emerson.  They got report cards this week, and they all got A's and B's!  Super excited about that. 
 
*  Here's a picture someone snapped at our home over the weekend.  It's of Elizabeth, Lara, and Katie on the front porch.  They look like some happy girls don't they?!
*  Congrats to my son, Emerson.  His football team, the Chargers, went undefeated this season and won the championship this past week.  We're all happy and proud of him, especially since this is his first season playing organized football.  And I appreciate his coaches for teaching him about the game and making this a fun season.  Below is a picture of him and his coaches celebrating after their final game and holding their trophies.  Way to go, Emerson!!
That's it for tonight.  God is good, and I'm sure thankful.
 
Plenty of new blog posts are coming your way this week.  Hope you enjoy them!  In the mean time, take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment