Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Coffee, C.C., And Me

C.C. is a guy I work with at the funeral home.  He's a fine fellow.  And I always enjoy his company.

The other night, we were at a visitation when he asked me to make him a cup of coffee.

Now here's the deal:  I don't drink coffee.  And I've never made a cup of it either.  Coffee is just not my thing.

Because of that, I was not too thrilled when he made his request.  "C.C., I don't know how to make you a cup of that," was my reply.  "Oh come on, you've watched others do it tonight.  Just try it and make me a cup."  After a while, I gave in.  "Fine, I'll give it a shot."  Then and there I produced my first ever cup of coffee.

When I handed it to C.C., he took a sip and looked surprised.  "This is really good!", said my friend.  He actually enjoyed it.  He liked it so much, that the next morning when he arrived back at work, he said to me, "Hey, how about make me another cup of that coffee."

Oh brother.  I've created a monster.  Ha!

Sometimes we are surprised at what we can do.  Our accomplishments, big or small, may shock us.  We just never know what we are capable of.

But we should never be surprised at what God can do.  His power is unlimited.  Simply put, God can do anything.  Seriously.  ANYTHING.

Jeremiah 32:17 is where we read, "Ah, Sovereign Lord, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm.  Nothing is too hard for you."  Then, in Luke 1:38, an angel tells Mary, "...nothing is impossible for God."  Finally, in Matthew 19:26, we read these words:  "With God, all things are possible." 

All throughout the scriptures we see the unlimited abilities of God.  His strength is flat out amazing.  God boggles our minds with His divine power.

Find comfort in knowing this.  The God of heaven and earth can more than handle anything you're facing.  Nothing is a challenge for Him.  So, talk with Him about whatever struggles you're having.  With a heart full of faith, hand your problems to Him.  And know, beyond the shadow of a doubt, that He's extra qualified to deal with it. 

I was surprised at what I could do with C.C.'s coffee.  But we should never be surprised at what God can do.  His abilities are quite simply incredible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment