Wednesday, January 7, 2015

The Bag Full Of Forks

I went through the Golden Chick drive through tonight to get me some supper on the way home.  The lady at the window gave me my food and I gave her the money.  Then I headed home.

When I arrived here at the house, I looked in the bag and noticed she did not give me one fork, which was all I needed.  Instead, she gave me seven!  The Golden Chick was mighty generous tonight and gave me way more utensils than I asked for.

When I saw it, I had to laugh.  Then I thought about Ephesians 3:20, which states that God "is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think".  Isn't that awesome?!  God at times will bless us way more than we ask for.  Sort of like the Golden Chick giving me a lot more forks than I asked for.  But better!

Thanks to that chicken place, I got a good reminder tonight.  God is good.  He takes care of us.  And He blesses us way more than we deserve or ask.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go find a place in our kitchen to put all these forks.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment