Saturday, January 17, 2015

Odds and Ends - Edition 3

*  Things are going well for us Richardsons.  Lara, the kids, and I are enjoying church, school, and home life.  We are blessed and thankful beyond measure.

*  Hillsong's album Zion is simply amazing.  

*  So the Pope raised a few eyebrows this week.  He said he would punch someone if they insulted his mother.  Needless to say, some folks did not like this.  Say what you want about this Pope, but at least he is sincere and real.  And, just for the record, I hope all of us guys would stand up and defend our mothers.

*  I'm reading a great book by David Jeremiah called What Are You Afraid Of? and it's teaching me a lot.  When I finish, I'll post a review of it here on the blog.  In the mean time, click HERE to watch a quick, 50 second trailer, which promotes the book.  It will grab your attention!

*  Congrats to you Ohio State Buckeyes on becoming national champs.  You played well and deserved to win it.  I was pulling for the Oregon Ducks, but you Buckeyes were clearly the dominant team that night.  I tip my hat to you.

*  Recently I read that the abortion rate here in America is at the lowest rate it has been since 1973.  That's a good thing.  And yet, it still haunts people.  Not just women.  Men have regrets over it too.  Here is a powerful article and video about how men view abortion.

*  These are interesting times surrounding Newspring Church here in South Carolina.  At their big Christmas Eve services, Perry Noble preached that the 10 Commandments were not really commandments.  He has come out and apologized for it, but now the President of the South Carolina Baptist Convention has issued an online statement about Newspring in general.  Pretty interesting stuff.  Click HERE to read it for yourself.

*  I'm beginning a 6 week sermon series on Psalm 23 here at the church this weekend.  Really excited about preaching through this wonderful passage of scripture.  It's comforting to think of God as our Shepherd who looks after us.

*  My family and I finally watched "Into The Woods".  In my opinion, it started off really well and then got a little bizarre.  I know others liked it, but it seemed a little odd to me during the last hour.  If you don't know what movie I'm talking about, you can watch the trailer of it HERE.

*  I'm ending this on a serious note:  I have a concern and burden on my heart that we here in America may be flirting dangerously with the judgement of God.  We must take a deep look within at where we are headed spiritually and morally.  More to come on this in my next blog post...

No comments:

Post a Comment