Monday, January 5, 2015

Max Lucado's "Before Amen"

I've enjoyed reading Max Lucado's books for years now.  They've always spoken directly to me.  And his recent volume, "Before Amen", moved me as well.

It's about prayer.  Specifically, it's about what Max calls "The Pocket Prayer".  In true-to-Lucado form, the prayer is simple, yet powerful.  Here it is:

Father,
you are good.
I need help.  Heal me and forgive me.
They need help.
Thank you.
In Jesus' name, amen.

What he does in this book is walk us through the prayer.  Along the way, Max talks about the goodness of God, healing, forgiveness, interceding for others, and praying in the name of Jesus.  He uses his creative style and fascinating stories to drive home his point with excellence.  In my opinion, it's one of the best books Max has written, and that's saying a lot.

I finished reading it over the weekend on a camping trip.  It was a pleasure for me to learn more from Max.  And it was time well spent by our campfire.  
Allow we to encourage you to do something:  Get "Before Amen" and read it.  I guarantee it will bless your soul and lift your spirit.  I know it meant the world to me!  

To learn more about this book, and to see how you can order it for yourself, just click HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment