Thursday, January 1, 2015

Odds and Ends - Edition 1

* In addition to the regular devotionals I'll keep writing here, I'm now beginning to post a weekly "Odds And Ends" article with quick, random thoughts and observations.

* 2014 has come to an end.  My family and I agree it really was a great year.  The closeness my family enjoys, the church I pastor, the home where we now live, and life in general are all blessings for which I am deeply thankful.  God has been good to me.

* I'm more than ready to dive into 2015 with family and ministry.

* Looking ahead to 2015, it sure seems like the two biggest issues our nation's leaders will have to deal with are immigration and terrorism.  Those who have been elected will sure need our prayers for wisdom with these matters.

* It's a thrill to see gas prices getting close to $2 a gallon.  I never thought we'd see it that low again.  Keep on dropping!

* It's been sad to read about Mars Hill shutting down on the West Coast.  I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who are hurting over this.  Mark Driscoll is a bright fellow, and I do wish him well.  Everyone makes mistakes, so I can't see throwing rocks at him.  May God help him bounce back in the right way, at the right time.  May this make him better instead of bitter.

* Folks are already complaining about the 4 team college football playoff.  There's talk of expanding to 8 teams in a few years.  I hope they don't do that.  Keep it at 4.  If we get too many teams involved with playoffs, regular season games will mean a little less.  I think it would ultimately hurt college football.  Keep things the way we have it.

* The final Hobbit movie is really quite wonderful.  I thoroughly enjoyed it.  Peter Jackson has done a fantastic job with the Tolkien stories.

* "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy is by far the best fiction I've ever read.  If you haven't read it, I'd encourage you to do so.

* I've come across a powerful blog post you will enjoy reading.  It's by Perry Noble (a pastor in Anderson, SC) and it's called "Kicked Out".  His story is about being thankful.  You can read it by clicking HERE.

* May God bless you and yours with a Happy 2015!  I hope it's your best year yet.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment