Sunday, May 10, 2015

Two Moms I Love

It's Mother's Day 2015.  So with that in mind, I want to put the spotlight on two moms I love.
 
First is Lara, my wife.
Lara is Mom to our four children.  Anyone who knows her can say with certainty that she loves these kids.  What some people may not know is that Lara has a great sense of humor with them.  She can make them laugh by coming up with creative, hilarious words and songs in a split second.  I must admit she also makes me laugh.  Katie, Lizzie, Rachel, and Emerson are blessed to have her love and compassion in their lives.  And I'm blessed to have her in my life too!

Next is Diane Richardson, my Mom.
I've enjoyed a good relationship with Mom along the way.  Over the years people have also told me I look like her.  I don't know if I do or not, but folks say my face resembles hers.  Either way, I'm thankful for Mom.  I remember when I was a child she would spend plenty of time with me.  When I was a teenager, she would do things like teach me how to dance in our living room (I never got the hang of that) and play basketball with me in the backyard.  Then I became an adult and she still stuck with me.  When I was ordained as a pastor in 1996, Mom placed her hands on my shoulders there in the church and prayed over me.  That was special!  She has been right there with me to celebrate the good things that have happened along the way.  And the times I failed and made mistakes, Mom stood by me and helped me get my life back on track.  I can honestly say that she has been loyal and loving to me every step of the way.

So there they are.  Two moms I love!  They both are truly special ladies.

Happy Mother's Day, Lara!  You're a wonderful mom to our four kids.  I love you and appreciate you.

And Happy Mother's Day, Mom!  You're a great mom to me.  I'm thankful for you and I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment