Monday, May 25, 2015

A Rough Day For The Flower Lady

I was recently talking with a buddy of mine when a lady from a florist approached us.  She was really nice and we had a good visit with her.  When she turned around to leave, I said, "Have a great day!"  Without looking back at me, she kept on walking and said, "It's only going to get worse, I believe."
 
I felt bad for her.  She's normally pretty upbeat.  That was just a rough day for her.
 
Maybe we all have been there one time or another.  Times get tough, and, as a result, we get negative.  Pessimism creeps into our hearts and minds.  And we begin to expect the worst.
 
I've come to see there really is power in positive thinking.  Sure, I understand some things will not go favorably in life.  That's just a realistic fact.  But I've also learned that when I trust God to see me through, and when I expect the best, I'm in a much better frame of mind to face the day.  It really does make a difference in what I think and how I feel.
 
A positive attitude helps us set fears aside and charge forward with energy, boldness, and confidence.  Also, when we have a positive attitude, it affects other people.  It makes us more pleasant to be around, and it inspires them to be more optimistic in their own hearts too.
 
I'm not judging the flower lady.  Believe me, I'm not.  I've gotten pessimistic before too.  But I have learned that being positive and optimistic will get me a lot farther in life than being negative and pessimistic.
 
May we find our confidence in knowing God is with us and He will empower us for whatever may come our way.  That is why we can have a smile on our face and a spring in our step!  It's hard not to be positive when we have faith in the awesome God of Heaven and Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment