Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Looking Alike

(Lizzie and me on Saturday, May 16, 2015)
 
A couple of days ago, I needed to run to Walmart for just a moment.  I asked my Lizzie if she wanted to go with me.  "Sure", she said.  We both went to our own rooms so we could get ready.  When it was time to go, I walked into the living room and saw Lizzie wearing the same tshirt I was wearing!  We didn't plan it.  It just happened.  There we stood, wearing identical Jurassic Park shirts and grinning from ear to ear.

We got a good laugh, snapped a quick picture, and went on to Walmart looking alike.  She and I did get a few looks from people.  One guy in particular looked at me, then looked at her, shook his head, and tried to hold in his laughter.  But neither Lizzie nor I cared.  We just had fun with it.

It was kind of cool looking alike.  But I can think of something way better than that.  I'm talking about looking like Jesus!

Jesus doesn't wear a Jurassic Park tshirt.  So how can we look like Him?  Well, here are just a few ways we can do this...

We look like Jesus when we have compassion for hurting people.
We look like Jesus when we submit to the will of God the Father.
We look like Jesus when we forgive those who do us wrong.
We look like Jesus when we immerse ourselves in scripture.
We look like Jesus when we serve others with a humble heart.
We look like Jesus when we pray and seek closeness with God the Father.

I can not think of anyone better to be a reflection of than Jesus Christ, the Son of God.  When our life resembles His, something wonderful is happening.  It proves God is working in our heart and mind.

May God use His word and His Holy Spirit to make us more and more like Jesus!  What an awesome transformation that would be.  Let's seek that and allow God to make that a reality in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment