* Today, May 24, was a good day here at New Calvary Baptist Church!
* Tim McCormick, the President of South Carolina Gideons, gave the message during our morning worship service. It was a thrill to have him here as he shared what all God is doing in and through this important ministry.
(Tim McCormick speaking at New Calvary, May 24, 2015)
* New Calvary took up a love offering for the Gideons and brought in just over $400. That will purchase a lot of Bibles to be put in the hands of people around the world.
* Tim is a good friend of mine. I've known him for about ten years. I respect his wisdom and enjoy his company.
(Tim McCormick and me, May 24, 2015)
* I loved it when Tim said today, "The Bible makes a difference in people's lives."
* Our church family enjoyed a tasty salad lunch today after the morning worship service. The fellowship was fun and the food was delicious.
* In tonight's worship service I preached on Proverbs 28:13 which states, "Whoever conceals their sins does not prosper, but the one who confesses and renounces them finds mercy." I focused on confession and repentance while talking on this verse.
* It's Memorial Day weekend. With that in mind, may God comfort the families and friends of those who have died in military service. And may we always be thankful for those who lost their lives defending America and fighting for freedom.
* Lara, the kids, and I are doing really well. We're excited about the upcoming summer. We're real proud of Katie, who is about to graduate from high school. And we love our church family. All six of us are blessed and thankful.
* Finally, here is one more picture we had taken today of the McCormick's, Lara, and me:
(Tim & Katie McCormick, Lara, and me, May 24, 2015)
* That's all for today. It's been a great one. More blog posts are coming up this week.