Monday, May 18, 2015

Odds And Ends - Edition 9

*  The best video clip I saw this past week is about a lady discussing manhood.  It is powerful and direct.  I can promise you that watching this two minute video will inspire you.  To check it out, just click HERE.
 
*  Last week I bumped into a lady that looked quite familiar.  It turned out she was my first grade teacher, Ms. Sara Jernigan.  She taught me how to read and write in the late seventies at Wilson Hall here in Sumter.  To this day I still say she is one of the best teachers I ever had.  It was a pleasure seeing her again.
(Ms. Jernigan and me)
 
*  Yesterday (May 17, 2015) was a special day here at New Calvary Baptist Church.  I had the honor of baptizing two young people.  One was a Corey, a ninth grade girl.  The other was Emerson, my son.  We celebrated them throughout the service.
 (Baptizing my Emerson on Sunday, May 17, 2015)
(Everyone clapping for Emerson & Corey after their baptism)
 
*  They both are fine young people with bright futures.  I'm proud of them both!
 
*  On a personal note, it feels good to know that I have seen all four of my children ask Jesus Christ to be their Savior and Lord.  And it has been an honor as their father to baptize each of them. 
 
*  We continue to enjoy New Calvary Baptist Church.  They are a fine congregation that loves the Lord and loves each other.  Also, they have been more than good to me.  I've been fortunate to pastor fine churches along the way.  And I'm thankful for each of them for different reasons.  New Calvary is the right church for me at this point of my life, and I feel like I am finally home.  This is where I belong, and I could not be happier about it.  Lara and the kids love it too. 
 
*  My oldest child, Katie, is about to graduate from high school in a couple of weeks.  Lara and I are very proud of her.  She is growing up and becoming a mature young lady. 
 
*  Our other children, Lizzie, Rachel, and Emerson, are growing up too.  It's amazing how time flies with them.  My girls are all teenagers, and Emerson is now 10.  My, how the years go by quickly!
 
That's the "Odds and Ends" of life here in my corner of the world. 
 
Blessed and thankful is what I am. 



No comments:

Post a Comment