Sunday, May 3, 2015

Odds And Ends - Edition 8

*  Today, May 3, was a good day.  Lara, the kids, and I went to Hamlet, NC, for the Homecoming service at Calvary Baptist Church.

*  I served as their pastor 1999-2002.

*  It was a great time of reunion for us as we walked into their sanctuary this morning and saw lots of old friends we haven't been around in a long time.

*  I preached on "How Blessed We Are" out of Psalm 103:1-5.  It was a reminder of how good God is to us. 

*  We enjoyed a delicious meal there at the church after the worship service.  And we had an awesome time just sitting around and talking with friends.

*  I have good memories and warm memories of my time with them.

*  The best laugh I had today took place during the meal when this guy walked up to me with a grin on his face.  I didn't recognize him.  He told me that I baptized him and his brother together about 14 years ago.  Then he said I introduced him and his brother to the church as "The Meatballs" before I put them under the water.  Then I remembered doing that.  I replied, "Man, I'm sorry I did that."  But he didn't care.  He thought it was funny.  We both had a good laugh about it.

*  I also missed our church family today at New Calvary Baptist Church here in Sumter.  I love those people and enjoy getting to serve them.

*  I'm sitting here tonight on my couch with the Red Sox - Yankees game on tv & feeling blessed.  God sure has been good to me.  Counting my blessings reminds me just how fortunate I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment