Sunday, May 3, 2015
Odds And Ends - Edition 8
* I served as their pastor 1999-2002.
* It was a great time of reunion for us as we walked into their sanctuary this morning and saw lots of old friends we haven't been around in a long time.
* I preached on "How Blessed We Are" out of Psalm 103:1-5. It was a reminder of how good God is to us.
* We enjoyed a delicious meal there at the church after the worship service. And we had an awesome time just sitting around and talking with friends.
* I have good memories and warm memories of my time with them.
* The best laugh I had today took place during the meal when this guy walked up to me with a grin on his face. I didn't recognize him. He told me that I baptized him and his brother together about 14 years ago. Then he said I introduced him and his brother to the church as "The Meatballs" before I put them under the water. Then I remembered doing that. I replied, "Man, I'm sorry I did that." But he didn't care. He thought it was funny. We both had a good laugh about it.
* I also missed our church family today at New Calvary Baptist Church here in Sumter. I love those people and enjoy getting to serve them.
* I'm sitting here tonight on my couch with the Red Sox - Yankees game on tv & feeling blessed. God sure has been good to me. Counting my blessings reminds me just how fortunate I am.