Monday, April 20, 2015

Odds And Ends - Edition 7

Hi everyone!  Here's the latest edition of "Odds And Ends".

*  Some of you have never had an opportunity to visit us here at New Calvary Baptist Church.  It is a thrill and privilege for me to pastor this fine church, and I'm excited to give you a quick glimpse into what our sanctuary looks like.  (See picture above.)  It's a pretty place, as you can see.

*  It was a thrill for me yesterday morning, April 19, to watch my son step out, walk down the center aisle of New Calvary, and express a desire to be baptized.  Emerson has an obvious love for The Lord, and I am happy for him.  In a couple of weeks, we will have a baptism service for him at New Calvary.
*  Above is a picture of Emerson.  I snapped this yesterday afternoon before my dad took him out to the country for some target practice.  He's posing with his bb gun my parents gave him for Christmas.  What can I say?  He's all boy!

*  It looks like my family and I are headed up to Columbus, Ohio this summer for the annual meeting of the Southern Baptist Convention.  And we'll take in the pastor's conference.  I'm excited to see what good things our fellow Southern Baptists are up to. 

*  I'm reading a fantastic book by David Jeremiah these days called What Are You Afraid Of? and I'm getting blessed big time by it.  If you can get your hands on it, I'd highly encourage you to do so.  When I finish, I'll do a blog post about the book.
 
*  It's hard for me to believe that Katie, my oldest child, is about to graduate from high school in just a few weeks.  I'm really proud of her, and excited to see what the future holds for her.  Isn't it thrilling to watch kids grow up?
 
*  You know what I've been thinking about lately?  There is too much hatred and incivility in this world.  And it's really not necessary at all.  May God help us all get along peacefully with each other.  Life is too short and valuable for us to walk around mad and bitter. 
 
*  Thanks a million for taking the time to visit this blog and check out the things I write.  I hope at least some of it blesses and encourages you.  I write these blog posts as an online journal for me to record my thoughts, observations, and experiences.  This is not me trying to be some sort of expert on life or know-it-all.  Far from it!  I'm just a normal Christian guy who goes through the same ups and downs that you go through.  So my writing these blog posts is simply my way of passing along to you, my friend, what God is teaching me.        
 
I hope you have a great day.  More new blog posts will come this week, so feel free to stop by my online home any time!
 
God bless you and yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment