Thursday, March 27, 2014

Stuck


I once was driving around some back roads of Sebring, Florida, when I got stuck.  Foolishly, I tried to drive through a sandy spot that was located off the paved roads when it happened.  That was not one of my brighter moves.  I found myself unable to move backwards or forwards.  When I pushed down on the gas, my tires would only spin.  Yep, I was stuck.

Have you ever found your life sort of like that?  Stuck in a financial mess.  Stuck in an addiction.  Stuck in a toxic relationship.  Stuck in a pessimistic mindset or negative attitude.  Stuck in a depression.  Stuck in a life that is spiraling out of control.  It happens, you know?  And it's not a good spot to be in.

When I realized I was stuck, I picked up my phone and made a call.  I asked a buddy to come help me out.  He got in his big truck, drove out to where I was, and managed to pull my car out of that sand.  It sure felt good to be free!!

If you're stuck in something bad or negative in your life, reach out for help.  First of all, call on God through prayer.  Ask Him to free you from the mess that has you bound.  He specializes in freeing people's hearts, minds, and lives.  Second, call on some stronger, wiser Christian people who can lend a hand.  God has wired and called some people who can listen to you, offer words of wisdom, and assist you in your quest for freedom.  The point is this:  Be real with God and other people when you're stuck in something destructive, and make sure you quickly reach out for help.

Freedom is an awesome thing!  And we have an incredible God who loves to grant it to His people.  So don't suffer silently in bondage any more.  Reach out for help.  And get ready for your moment of liberty to arrive.

"So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed" - John 8:36

No comments:

Post a Comment