Monday, March 17, 2014

Cleaning The Chicken House


"Blessed are the pure..."  Matthew 5:8

Tim is a good buddy of mine in South Carolina.

I used to do some part time work for him on the side.  And I loved it!  He taught me a lot.

One day he asked me to clean out one of his chicken houses.  Never having done that before, I jumped right into it enthusiastically.  For several hours I worked in there before he moved me to another area.

I learned this pretty quickly:  Chicken houses need to be cleaned.  They can get really smelly and dirty.  Smart guys (like my friend Tim) know to do regular maintenance and cleaning in these areas so these environments don't get out of control.

You know, we have to do regular cleaning in our lives on a regular basis too.

Sometimes toxic relationships, dirty habits, filthy mind sets, and unclean ways can creep into our lives when we're not careful.  Before we realize it, we can become a mess like a smelly chicken house.  Something needs to be done about it.

We must allow God's forgiveness to wipe out the filth from our lives.

And we must daily stay disciplined with scripture and prayer so that He can continue speaking to us and refining us.

We can be pure.

Our hearts, minds, and lives can be made clean and right if we allow God to take charge of us and if we obediently work with Him.

May you and I be cleansed today.

No comments:

Post a Comment