Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Cleaning The Boards

Happy New Year to you and yours!

When I was a kid in school, I was "invited" by my teachers to stick around every now and then after the bell rung to wash the boards.  Let's just say my less than stellar behavior earned that for me.  So I got pretty doggone good at erasing the chalkboards, filling that old bucket with water, soaking a big, fat sponge, and scrubbing those boards clean.

Now here's the weird part.  I actually enjoyed doing that!  My teachers always meant it as a punishment; however, I kind of liked doing that work, standing back, and looking at those clean boards.

It's New Year's Day.  The past year is over, behind us, and done with.  And our lives are like clean boards.  We have a fresh start and a brand new beginning.

Let's make our lives count in this New Year!  Let's love God and love people.  Let's dream big and work resiliently.  Let's live this year in such a way that when December 31 roles around in twelve months, we can celebrate the best year of our lives.

May God accompany us, empower us, direct us, and pour His amazing goodness out on us in this brand new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment