Saturday, January 18, 2014

About This Whole "Going To Church" Thing


"I believe in God, but you don't need to go to church to be a good Christian."  There are people who say this.  And plenty of them are indeed good people. 

The question is: Are they right?

Well, what rescues us from our sins is believing on The Lord Jesus Christ.  When we allow Him to become our Savior and Lord, He forgives our wrongdoings, gives us purpose, power, and peace for the rest of our days on this planet, and guarantees us an eternal future in Paradise with Him and the rest of His followers.  Jesus is the key to having our life and eternal destiny changed.  

Jesus, not the church, saves us.  

But...

We do need the church.

Here is some of what the church does for us:  Helps us grow in our knowledge of God and the Bible.  Fosters good relationships between us and other followers of Jesus.  Encourages us when we are down.  Celebrates with us when we experience victories.  Provides access to baptism and communion.  Leads us in meaningful worship opportunities.  Equips us and partners us with other followers of Jesus to do God's work in the world.  And plenty more great things!

I look at it like this:  Church matters because it helps me in my relationship with Jesus.  I need Jesus and I need His church.  I personally can't imagine being involved with one but not the other.

Ultimately, I'll say this for myself:  I don't have to be involved with church ... I get to be involved with church.  I love it.  I benefit from it.  And I will remain an active part of it the rest of my life.

It's a blessing to be involved with church.  It makes a HUGE difference in our lives.  May all of us followers of Jesus make it a priority.

Let's all meet up in church this week!  

No comments:

Post a Comment