* Last night was a special one here at New Calvary Baptist Church. We had a sharing time called "Joys, Concerns, And Stories". People in the congregation were free to stand up and share what was on their hearts. It was kind of like "open mic night" here at the church.
* "Joys" had to do with the good things God has been doing in their lives. "Concerns" had to do with prayer needs. "Stories" had to do with testimonies. And lots of people shared from their hearts.
* There were tears. And there was laughter. It was just a good night. I did have a sermon ready to preach, but I ended up not doing it. We spent the whole time sharing with each other, and I'm glad we did. It was a positive experience for the church family.
* In the morning service, I preached a message entitled "The Wonder Of Humility" out of James 4:1-10. Here was the outline for the message.
Verses 1-3 : We need God's provision
Verse 4 : We need God's friendship
Verse 6-10 : We need God's grace
* We started studying James as a church family on the second Sunday of this year. We've gone verse by verse through this book every week since then. This coming Sunday we will be looking at the final few verses of chapter 4, and then we will spend the next few weeks in the last chapter.
* James is such a powerful and practical book! It's all about growing up spiritually in the Lord and how to live the Christian life on a daily basis.
* We all were excited yesterday to learn we are over 50% of the way towards reaching our goal for this year's Annie Armstrong Offering, which is for home missions. I'm always proud of how this church gives to missions. They set lofty goals and reach them every time. Way to go, church family!
* My youngest brother, Wyman, will be here at New Calvary May 1-4. He will be preaching our revival services. I'm really excited about this. Should be a good time of worship, renewal, and fellowship here at the church.
* Another fun part of this past weekend was my son's birthday. The boy turned 11.
* We had a party for him here at the house. He and the 6 boys he invited over played outside for a while. Then we fed them pizza and a Carolina Gamecock cookie cake that was made at the mall.
* Then, I teamed up with a good buddy and took the boys to Hiwire in Columbia. They jumped on the trampolines and had a blast. We enjoyed watching them.
* Happy Birthday to my Emerson!
* Looking forward to a good week. There's plenty to do here at New Calvary, and the family will keep busy too.
* God bless you and yours this week. I hope it's a great one for you all!