* It's been a good Easter Sunday here in Sumter, SC.
* The Easter Bunny left gifts for the kids in the living room. Plenty of candy was around, and a few other little things. They seemed to have fun with that.
* Before Sunday School this morning, we all met in the front yard of New Calvary Baptist Church for scripture, prayer, and a song. It was a special few moments for us as we kicked off a meaningful Sunday together.
* A good sized crowd came out for our 11:00 am worship service. It was great to see everyone gather as one.
* Joy did a really nice job planning out this service. Lots of special music celebrating Jesus. It was a great time of worship!
* The sermon I preached was entitled "Down And Back Up Again" and the scripture was 1 Corinthians 15:3-4. Here was my outline:
Verse 3 - A sacrifice was made.
Verse 4 - An arising took place.
* I talked about the resurrection of Jesus and what difference it makes in our lives today.
* Folks looked good today. Shirley's hat was great! And Emerson's bow tie was mighty sharp too.
* We had no evening service tonight at the church. This was so people could spend extra time with family on such a special day.
* I'm glad we have a risen, living Savior!
* Because He lives, He is worthy of our worship and deserving of our trust.
* It's been a good day. Easter of 2016 will be remembered around here as a positive one. God's been kind, and I am thankful.
* That's it for tonight. Plenty of new blog posts will be posted this week. I hope you find them helpful and encouraging.
May God bless you and yours!