Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Wash

Covered in pollen.  That's what this car was the other day.  And I was about to take it for a spin. 
Because I was about to drive it around town, I wanted to wash it and make it clean.  To get it looking better was my goal.  So I grabbed the water hose and went to work.
After I worked on it, the car looked much better.  The pollen was gone.  Its appearance was as good as new.  And all was well.
As I saw the water wash the pollen away, I thought about how God's forgiveness washes our sins away.  All of our iniquity is removed and we are made clean.  Just like that car looked better, our hearts can look better too.
 
"Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from all my sin."  That's what David prays in Psalm 51:2.  Then in verse 7 of that same chapter, he makes this request:  "wash me and I will be whiter than snow."  Twice, David asks God to wash away his sin.  He understands that is the only way his soul will ever be cleansed.
 
The power and penalty of sin can be washed away.  And the shame you feel over sin can be washed away too.  All of that can be removed by God. 
 
Have you done wrong?  Confess it to God and repent of it.  Then let God wash your heart and make it clean.  He can fix you up and make you right.
 
No matter who you are, where you are, or what you've done, let God scrub your heart and change your life.  He can fix you up in a good way.  And you will forever be blessed because of it.  
 
"If we confess our sins,
He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins
and purify us from all unrighteousness." 
1 John 1:9 

No comments:

Post a Comment