Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Sky Pool And Trust

London will soon have the world's first all-glass sky pool.  It will hang 115 feet above the ground, and it will connect two buildings.  Yes, you read that right:  A glass pool full of water will hang 115 feet above the ground.  And people will be free to swim in it all they want.
 
I can respond to this idea in two words:  No way.
There is no way I would ever jump in this pool and swim in it.  Why?  Because I don't trust it will stay securely in place and remain in the sky.  It just makes me nervous to even think about it.  I'm sure that brilliant engineers and experienced workers will be overseeing this project.  But I just don't see myself getting in this pool.
 
Trust.  It's putting our faith in something or someone else.  And it's placing our well-being in the hands of another.
 
The Bible talks about trust.  It tells us who we can trust.  Here are just a few passages:
 
"Trust in the Lord"  Psalm 37:3
 
"Blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him."  Jeremiah 17:7
 
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart"  Proverbs 3:5
 
"I will say of the Lord, 'He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.'"  Psalm 91:2
 
We have an awesome God.  He knows everything and can do anything.  His nature is good, and His work is perfect.  Everything about God is amazing.  And this makes Him worthy of our trust.
 
We can trust God to save our souls.
 
We can trust God to meet out needs.
 
We can trust God to calm our fears.
 
We can trust God to strengthen our resolve.
 
We can trust God to guide our decisions.
 
We can trust God to handle our problems.
 
We can trust God to bless our lives.
 
Listen, I don't know if we can trust the sky pool or not.  Maybe we can.  Maybe we can't.  But I do know this:  We can definitely trust God to handle everything in and around our lives.  Time after time, He has proven to be One we can trust.
 
Regardless of who you are and what you're going through, be encouraged today.  You can trust God to handle your life.  Pray to Him about what is going on in your corner of the world.  Ask for His help.  And then know beyond the shadow of a doubt that in the right way, at the right time, He will come through for you. 
 
Yes, God is great.  And we can trust him.  Both now and forevermore.

No comments:

Post a Comment