Saturday, February 27, 2016

Rachel And The Coloring Book

Rachel, my youngest daughter, came to me a few months ago and told me about these new coloring books that are made for teenagers and adults.  She was really interested in them, and she asked me if I would buy her one.  "Sure", I replied.  And soon enough, she was coloring away.

Not long after that, she came back to me and asked if I could get her another coloring book.  Wondering what happened to the one I had already bought her, I asked what was up.  She responded, "Well, I was with a bunch of other kids and they all really liked my coloring book.  So I tore out pages for each of them to color some too.  Now all the pages have been used."

Because of that, I bought her another one.  She is enjoying it immensely.  And I am proud of her for setting such a good example.

Love.  There are plenty of descriptions for it.  One of them is this: generous.

We see the generosity of love in the first part of John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that He gave..."  Caring for people led Him to give.  His love manifested itself in action.

There is a whole lot of selfishness in this world, isn't there?  The unholy trinity of "Me, Myself, and I" is what a lot of people live for.  And this leads to conflict, betrayal, pain, loneliness, and emptiness.  Love is far better!  Why?  Because of its selfless nature, love aims at blessing others.  And it makes life better for everyone involved.

Let's be generous today.  Like Rachel with the coloring book, we can do something kind for someone.  And when we do, we will experience the joy that is found in putting love in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment