Monday, October 26, 2015

Fried Green Tomatoes & Pimento Cheese

I was in Greenville, South Carolina this past weekend when I saw it.  There before me was a plate of fried green tomatoes with pimento cheese spread on top.  Never before had I heard of putting those two food items together.  I've had pimento cheese plenty of times on sandwiches.  But never once had I tasted fried green tomatoes.

For some reason, I decided to try it.  I stepped outside of my comfort zone, and took a bite.  Surprisingly, I liked LOVED it.  I ended up eating two of them and enjoyed every bit of it.

Sometimes we surprise ourselves at the things we like.  It's a risk when we venture outside of the familiar, for sure.  But it can prove to be worth it!  The willingness to open ourselves up for something different can lead to awesome experiences. 

This is especially true with God.

"Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in Him."  This verse is found in Psalm 34:8.  It's a wonderful invitation to try God.  Just have a taste of Him.  And in so doing, we will be thrilled with what we discover.  He is good and proves to be a blessing to us.

God is loving, peaceful, strong, wise, pure, and perfect.  He is good in every way.  And when we encounter even just a little bit of Him -- a "taste", if you will -- we are way more than satisfied.

If you have not already done so, try God.  Don't turn your nose up at Him.  Place your faith in Him through His son Jesus, and see what a difference God makes in your life.

I'm glad I tried a couple of those fried green tomatoes and pimento cheese.  That was a fantastic experience.  But I'm much gladder that I've tried God.  Opening my heart up to His saving grace and awesome presence has led to the greatest blessings I've ever received anywhere.

No matter who you are, where you are, or what you're going through, just do this today.  Try God.  Just try a taste of Him.  You'll be glad you did.  I guarantee it.

No comments:

Post a Comment