Thursday, October 10, 2013

What I've Been Thinking Lately


My name is David.

I'm a 42 year old guy.  Married for twenty years.  And a father of four.

My life has had some ups and downs.

Here is what I've been thinking lately...

Family is the most important group of people I know.  Lately, my wife, kids, parents, brothers, and their families have come to mean more to me than ever before.  I've met a lot of people over the years, and I'm sure I'll meet plenty more.  Also, I have some awesome friends that really do mean a lot to me.  But at the end of the day, it's family that matters most.  I'm understanding and appreciating that more and more.

God's forgiveness is an amazing thing.  I've come to appreciate on a deep level how God takes all my sin away, cleans me up, and makes me whole.  I am not perfect.  But I am forgiven.  And for that, I am thankful more than words can express.

What matters is where I'm headed.  Not where I've been.  Sometimes I reflect on my past.  The good things and the not-so-good things.  It's becoming increasingly clear to me that none of that matters now.  Yesterday is over and done.  Finished.  What matters is where I'm headed today and tomorrow.  So I choose to look forward way more than I look backward.

God must be the center of my life.  Everything and everyone needs to revolve around Him.  He is the reason we are here.  He is the One who saved us.  He is bigger, strong, wiser, and better than we will ever dream of being.  He is what life is all about.  I'm thinking if He is the center of my life, then my life makes sense.  And if He is the center, He holds everything together.  So I'm seeing the high value of enjoying His presence, following His lead, and doing His work.  My point is, I'm seeing on a deeper level that life is not about me; instead, it's about God.

So that's what I've been thinking lately.

God is good.  I am blessed.  And my life is moving forward in a positive, healthy direction.

         

No comments:

Post a Comment