Wednesday, October 16, 2013

43

Today is my birthday.

I was born October 16, 1970 in Columbia, South Carolina.

Wow.  43 years ago.

So this morning I'm thinking about time.

Time flies by.  It seems like every year goes by a little faster.  And older folks tell me it feels like that more and more with each birthday.  That's because life is short.  The Bible says our life is like a vapor.  Here today, and gone tomorrow.

Time is unpredictable.  We never know what will happen tomorrow or next week.  Nothing is guaranteed.  One of the few certainties of life is that it is ... uncertain.  I have no clue what the next year of my life will be like.  And neither do you.

So, life flies by and is unpredictable.  What do we do about that?  Well, what comes to my mind is this:  Make each day count.  Maximize each moment.  Live each day to the fullest.

That's what I'm going to do this year.

My guess is we all should do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment