Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Positive

One thing the world needs is fewer negative nellies.

You know what I'm talking about, don't you?  Pessimistic, doom and gloom, defeated kind of people.  Folks who think the glass is half empty and this is never going to work out.  Individuals who whine, complain, moan, and groan.

I used to be like that at times.  If I couldn't sleep good one night, I'd say in the morning, "Well this day is already ruined."  If I tried to accomplish something and I ran into a problem, I'd throw up my hands and walk away saying, "What's the use?  It can't be done.  I quit."  If I ran into a couple of setbacks at the same time, I'd say, "I just can't get anything to go my way."

I'm not like that anymore.  Not at all.  Now I'm a positive person.  And what a difference it has made!

Now when I get up in the morning, I tell my wife, my kids, and myself "It's going to be a great day!"

Now when I run into a problem while working on a project, I say to others and myself, "This won't beat me.  I can do this!"

Now when I go through a couple of setbacks at the same time, I tell my family, friends, and myself, "This is just for a season.  Things are going to get better!"

You know what I've noticed since my change?  Being positive encourages others and myself.  It gets us all in the right frame of mind and helps us all move forward.

It is really important to say this:  my being positive is based on my faith in God.  I believe He is here and He does care.  I believe He can do all things and He will see us through the dark days.  I believe He is big, wise, and perfect.  And I believe that in Him, I will be just fine.  So that's why I'm positive.  Not because of me.  I'm positive because the awesome God of the universe is more than capable of doing anything and He wants what is best for me.

So if you don't already do this, give it a try.  Keep your chin up.  Smile.  And be positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment