Saturday, April 30, 2016

Seeking More Than Words

I have a book of "seek a word" puzzles, and I love it.  It's fun and relaxing for me to sit there and search for the words that are listed in the column.  And I've learned a few ways to find words quicker than before.  Over time, I have gotten good at it! 

But I've also realized that we all must be seeking more than words in life.  GOD should be ultimately what we are looking for with our hearts and minds.  And here is the good news:  We can be successful in doing this!

In Deuteronomy 4:29, we read "you will seek the Lord your God and you will find Him, if you search after Him with all you heart and with all your soul."  Then we see this in Jeremiah 29:13 : "You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart."  Aren't these two verses great?!  They remind us that God is not a mystery hidden in the shadows that refuses to be found.  Not at all!  God is present and available to those who seek Him.  As Acts 17:27 so wonderfully tells us, "He is not far from any one of us."

Are you wanting to have an encounter with God?  Just say "Yes!" to Jesus.  Dig in scripture.  Call out in prayer.  Look and reach Heavenward in worship.  Seek God in these ways, and you will find Him.

It's fun to find those words in my puzzles.  I really enjoy that.  But it's far more thrilling to find God's awesome presence and fulfilling blessings.  Life does not get any better than that.

Let's all seek Him today.

No comments:

Post a Comment