Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Country Kiefer Isn't Concerned

Kiefer Sutherland has been a well-known actor and star since the 80's when I was a teenager.  I remember watching him in movies such as "Stand By Me", "Lost Boys", and "Young Guns".  Of course, he later took on the role of Jack Bauer in the thrilling TV show "24", which I watched faithfully.

Now Kiefer has gone country.  I kid you not!  He has recorded a country music album and is going on tour.  Recently he was interviewed and asked about how people respond to actors who start up bands.  This is what Kiefer had to say:  "I've gotten to a point in my life where I'm not as concerned about what people think." 

It seems to me that good ole Kiefer has figured out an important truth of life!  We can not live for the approval and applause of other people.  Making ourselves slaves to what others think of us can make us miserable and hold us back from being everything we can be.

The way I see it, if we are at peace with God, and we know we are in His will, nothing else matters.  It's His approval that is most important.  He is the judge and He has the final say on our lives.  

I'm happy for Kiefer!  It's good to see him try this.  And I may even buy his album to enjoy while driving down the road in my old truck.

Today, let's adopt his mindset.  May you and I both be "not as concerned about what people think."  As long as we are at peace with God and true to ourselves, that's all that really matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment