Wow, what a BIG weekend!
* We celebrated Mom's birthday on Saturday. She likes eating at Simply Southern Bistro (click HERE for their website), so we met up for lunch and a little party.
* After a delicious meal, we all enjoyed a delicious chocolate cake (from HERE) and gave her presents. Mom looked very happy and seemed to enjoy herself.
* Grandmamma Reynolds was there too. After the meal, I got a picture with her, Condy, and the kids.
* I love my mom. She's one amazing lady. And she has always been there for me. Honestly, I could not ask for a better one than her.
* Also on Saturday, we had a wedding here at New Calvary Baptist Church. Reed and Heather were married. I was honored to officiate the ceremony, along with a fine pastor from North Carolina who has known Reed for years.
* The sanctuary looked great. They did a nice job decorating everything. I was impressed with how good they made it look.
* The reception was at the O'Donnel House afterwards. That's a beautiful old home, and a perfect place for these types of events.
* The food was delicious. The DJ was fun. And everyone had a really great time! I thoroughly enjoyed this reception. Lara and the girls also had a blast.
* My kids cut loose out on the dance floor during the reception! They impressed me by busting some moves. I danced once with Lara. It was a slow song, and I think we did just fine.
* There was a photo booth set up, and we all had some fun with that. Outside of the booth, Lara and I got a quick pic taken with some cool gear on:
* Tonight, at the 6:00 service, I preached on being an encourager. Specifically, I led us through a study of Deborah in the book of Judges. Her example of encouragement should inspire us all to do the same for people we know.
* I'm real thankful for my family and church. God has sure blessed me, and I'm enjoying life these days. :)
* That's it for tonight. Plenty of new blog posts will be posted here this week, and I hope you get something good out of them.
God bless you and yours!