Monday, March 2, 2015

Excited About The Word

Lara and I were sitting in Sunday School yesterday when it happened.
 
Janice, our teacher, asked a lady in our class to read one verse from an Old Testament passage of scripture.  The lady agreed to do it.  She read the first verse, and then got half way through the second verse.  She stopped mid-sentence and said, "Oh.  I was only supposed to read verse one.  Sorry, I just get excited reading The Word!" 
 
It was a cool moment.  She wasn't being self righteous about it.  Not at all.  Her love for God's Word was just obvious for us all to see.  And I thought it was fantastic!
 
Psalm 119:97 says, "Oh, how I love your law!  I meditate on it all day long."  Passion for the scriptures.  That's what we see in this verse.
 
We all should get excited about reading The Word!  After all, it is the perfect message from God to us.  It contains hope for the fallen, strength for the weary, guidance for the confused, peace for hurting, and salvation for the lost.  Also, it is relevant, powerful, direct, and life-changing.    
 
Have you spent time in God's Word today?  Take a few moments.  Open it up.  Soak it in. 
 
I can promise you this:  The Word will bless your heart and mind.  And you'll be glad you invested your time in it's sacred writings.

No comments:

Post a Comment