Thursday, September 3, 2015

Gone Fishing

Once upon a time, there was a restaurant that my kids and I loved.  It was located in Aiken, South Carolina.  And we enjoyed going there whenever we could.
 
One day, we rode over to Aiken to eat supper at this awesome place.  When we pulled into the parking lot, we noticed there were no cars.  The doors were locked and the lights were off.  The building was empty and quiet.  Then I happened to notice a sign at this establishment which read, "Gone fishing!"
 
Later I learned that I was not the only one surprised by this.  Earlier that morning, the cooks and servers showed up to work at the restaurant.  But the boss was not there.  All they could find was the same sign I read.  "Gone fishing!"
 
Needless to say, they were not happy.  The head guy had check out and left.  Everyone was left high and dry without an explanation.  He let everyone down.
 
I'm glad God is not like that.
 
When we call out to Him in prayer, He is there.
 
When we seek Him in scripture, He is there.
 
When we gather in His name to worship, He is there.
 
God never checks out.  Abandoning people is not something He does.  Not once will we search for God and find a sign that reads, "Gone fishing!"
 
God has been here, is still here, and forever will be here for you and me.  He is fully reliable.  We can always count on that.
 
He's a loyal companion that forever will stick with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment