Saturday, July 18, 2015

What He Won't Do

A buddy of mine and I were working the other day on some projects.  While I was out running some errands, he sent me a text.  Then I responded.  This is how it looked on my phone...
For a moment I was trying to figure out what he was going to do to me that the Lord will never do.  Then he sent me this two word text.  I thought it was great, as you can see in my response:
My buddy was through for the day, so it was time for him to leave work.  That's what he was talking about.  And being a Christian guy himself, he picked a cool way to let me know.

He's right.  The Lord will never leave you.  And He will never leave me.

Friends may come and go.  Some folks just might desert us one day without any reason.  It happens, unfortunately. 

But God stays with His people.  He is faithful and loyal.  He always sticks around and He never checks out. 

On our best days, He is with us.

And on our worst days, He is with us.

Check out these words from Deuteronomy 31:6 - "Be strong and courageous.  Do not be afraid or terrified ... for the Lord your God goes with you.  He will never leave you nor forsake you."  There it is!  God sticks with His children.

Then there are these words of Jesus in Matthew 28:20 - "And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."  That ought to make you stand and cheer!  Jesus, who is the Son of God and Savior of humanity, will forever remain with you and me.

Find comfort in knowing, child of God, that you are never alone.  The Lord is with you.  Now and forever.  And nothing will change that.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment