Friday, July 3, 2015

Sam And The Pigeon

(My friend, Sam, and a pigeon at work.  July 2, 2015.)
 
I have a friend named Sam.
 
He's a great guy.
 
We work together at a funeral home.
 
Last night, we were finishing our work when we noticed a pigeon hanging around by the back door.
 
Sam drew close to the pigeon.
 
And even closer.
 
The pigeon seemed perfectly fine with Sam being right beside him.
 
Not once did the pigeon act bothered or fly away.
 
Sam and the pigeon shared a neat moment of closeness that really surprised both him and me.
 
I got home and thought about that experience.  It reminded me of closeness with God.  The simple truth is, we can draw as close to God as we want to, and He welcomes our presence.  James 4:8 reads, "Come near to God and He will come near to you."  God won't flinch or fly away if we get near Him.  Not at all!  If He does anything, He will move even closer to us. 
 
Draw close to God through His Son, Jesus Christ.  And get even closer to Him through prayer, scripture, and worship.  Spiritual intimacy with Him is yours if you want it.
 
It was neat watching Sam and the pigeon get close.  I'm glad I could snap a quick picture of it.  But it's even neater when we get close with God.  That nearness between Him and us is the greatest and most satisfying blessing of all.  It makes all the difference in our lives.
 
Get close with God today.  You'll be glad you did.  I guarantee it.

No comments:

Post a Comment