Sunday, February 15, 2015

Odds And Ends - Edition 5

Hi everyone!  It's been a busy week with church and funeral home work.  Have missed blogging the past few days.  Here's the latest odds and ends...
 
*  I enjoyed three days this past week at Springmaid Beach Resort in Myrtle Beach for the Santee Baptist Association's Senior Adult Retreat.  This was my first time at Springmaid, and I loved it.  There was a big crowd of seniors.  They were a lot of fun to be around.
 
*  It was an honor for me to preach at the conference.  My scripture was Psalm 23.  I had a lot of fun sharing God's Word with a bunch of folks who have been Christians longer than I've been living.

*  My oldest daughter, Katie, turned 18 this past week.  Wow, I'm just not old enough to have an 18 year old daughter!  Ha!  Ok, technically, I am old enough.  But it amazes me how time flies.

*  Life is good for Lara and me!

  *  The past few days, she and I enjoyed celebrating Katie's birthday, a Valentine's banquet at church, and plenty of laughs in between. 
 
*  I've pastored good churches, and I am thankful for the time I was able to spend with each of them.  Now I'm serving New Calvary Baptist Church, and I love it.  Could not be happier!  This is a fantastic church family to be a part of. 
 
*  It feels good to be back home in Sumter.  Lara and I moved away from here 22 years ago.  That's a long time to be away.  A few times over the years I've tried to get us back home.  I guess it just wasn't time.  But now that we are here, we're loving it! 
 
*  We get to see my parents quite often.  They only live a few miles from us.  So it's great that we can spend time with them.
 
*  God has been good to me.  Better to me than I deserve!  I'm a blessed and thankful guy.
 
So there you go.  That's the latest.  I know this was an "all about me" kind of post.  But tonight I'm just grateful for all the good things happening here in the Richardson home. 
 
Thanks for following the blog.  I hope in some small way that you get some good stuff out of your visits here.  I'll keep writing, so feel free to stop by any time.
 
God bless you and yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment