Friday, June 6, 2014

Home

Yesterday, my son went over to play at another kid's house and spend the night.  But, as it normally happens, we got a late night call.  My boy wanted to come on home and sleep here.  So, like usual, I drove half way, met the other parent, brought my boy back home with me, and put him to bed.

On the way home  I asked him, "Buddy, why didn't you want to stay?"  With sleepy eyes he looked at me and said, "I don't know, Dad.  I'm just most comfortable at my home."  I rubbed his head and replied, "It's ok.  I understand.  You can come on home with me any time."

I guess it's true.  There really is no place like home.  And our heart always longs to be there.

Christians, one day we will go home.  It's in a place called Heaven.  And our Lord is getting it ready for us.

In our Heavenly home, we will never deal with

pain

tears

fear

sickness

danger

or death.

Our eternal home will have joy, peace, safety, and life.  It will be a happy, warm, healthy home.  Yes, it will be perfect.

One day, God, our Heavenly Father, will take us home.  He will protect us and provide for us.  And we will be happy, like my boy was when I got him home.  What a day that will be!

Life on this Earth is temporary.  And the hardships we endure are only for a season.  A better day is coming.  Our home in Heaven is waiting.

No, we're not home yet.  But one day we will be.  And when we get there, everything's going to be just right.

I look forward to that.

2 comments: