Friday, June 20, 2014

Can't Turn It Off

I was driving down the road with my sweet Rachel and one of her friends.  Accidentally I brushed up against a switch and turned on my rear windshield wiper.  It surprised me because I never use the rear wiper.  And it frustrated me because I could not figure out how to turn it off.  For a few miles I was pushing buttons and messing with controls to stop the wiper.  Rachel and the other little girl got a good laugh at me over it.  Finally, after a while, I found the right button and brought it to a halt.

It was hard to figure out how to turn the wiper off.

Do you know what is even harder to turn off?  God's amazing love for you and me.  It's just mighty tough to turn His heart away from us.  And that, my friend, is an awesome thing!

I love these words of Paul from Romans 8:38-39 - "For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."  Amen to that scripture!  There's no better way to phrase it than that.

God loves you and me.  He always has.  He always will.  And there's just nothing you or I can do to stop that.  Nothing.  It's just who He is and what He does.

I'm glad I could turn off the back and forth motion of the rear windshield wiper.

But I can promise you I never want to turn off God's love, even if I could.  It's the greatest treasure I've ever received.  My desire is to enjoy it for all of eternity.

Smile!  You are a recipient of God's amazing, deep, everlasting love.  And nothing or no one will ever turn it off.  So enjoy it, and just love Him back.  It'll be the most satisfying, life-changing relationship you ever experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment