Tuesday, April 15, 2014

The Squirrel In The Road

I was driving to work when I noticed the squirrel in the road up ahead.  He saw me coming, and he froze.  My car was getting closer to him.  Then he got this frantic look and zig-zagged back and forth as if he did not know whether to race to the other side of the road or go back to the side that was close.  He took one or two steps in one direction, and then he took one or two steps in the other direction.  Now my car was almost on top of him.  Back and forth he raced.  If there ever was an animal that represented indecisiveness, it was that little fellow.  I remembered that old Texan who once said, "The only things you'll ever find in the middle of the road are dead armadillos and yellow lines!"  Finally (and thankfully), he raced to the other side of the before my tires could make him into a furry pancake.  

That got me thinking:  We are just like that squirrel in that we have to make a decision.  Either we are going to go one way to live for our self, or we are going the other way to live for The Lord.  The day approaches when we have to make up our mind and go one direction or another.

We can't stay in the middle of life's road and have it both ways.  A choice must be made.  Either our time on this Earth will be spent selfishly living for the person who stares back at us in the mirror, or our years will be spent selflessly serving The One who gave His life for us on the cross.

The day of decision is approaching us like my car was approaching the squirrel.  Time is running out.  And a decision has to be made.

Friends, choose Jesus.  Run to Him.  And do it knowing He will receive you, love you, bless you, forgive you, and save you for all of eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment