Monday, April 14, 2014

A Kid's Prediction About Heaven

Last week I had the following conversation with a kid.

ME:  So, you go to church?
KID:  Yes sir, I do.
ME:  Have you asked Jesus to come in your heart and save you?
KID:  I sure have.
ME:  Well, that's cool.  I guess I'll see you in Heaven then.
KID:  That's right.  And when you do, I'll probably be kicking a little kid.

For just a second I looked at him.  Then we both cracked up laughing.  It was just a funny moment with a mischievous boy being honest.

One of the many great things about Heaven for us will be this:  We will not be tempted to do wrong when we're there.  No sin will exist.  So people won't be doing wrong things, like kicking little kids, in that wonderful city.

Think about how much damage sin has ushered into our world.  People have been wounded, families have been split, and communities have been ruined.  It has done nothing but hurt civilization and this planet.

In Revelation 21:27, the following statement is made about Heaven:  "Nothing impure will ever enter it."  Forgiven, cleansed sinners will be admitted.  But sin will be turned away at the gate!

I like the thought of that.  A sin-free existence sounds like a mighty fine life!  Holy, sinless God will see to it that the eternity we enjoy with Him will be saturated with His righteousness and purity.  And what a blessing that will be.

P.S.  If you want to read more about no sin in Heaven, I highly recommend you check out a fantastic article by Randy Alcorn.  Just click HERE .

No comments:

Post a Comment