Thursday, April 17, 2014

Outdated



Apparently my iPod Classic is already outdated and old school.  It's a prized possession of mine, which is stuffed full of 80's hits as well as country, rock, and Christian contemporary tunes.  Also, it's been on lots of trips with me, including one to Honduras.  I love it!

Younger folks look at it like a monkey looking at a math problem.  They act like they have no clue what they're seeing.  Although my version is still available, they only use the newer iPod versions that in no way whatsoever resemble my classic style.  The newer ones have touch screens and apps.  

Of course, I don't care what they think.  I like it.  And I'll stick with my classic style! 

So, in the eyes of some, mine is outdated.

Some people look at the Bible like a few folks look at my iPod :  They consider it outdated.  Out of touch with modern times.  No longer "with it."

Let the scoffers, mockers, and critics say what they want.  They can make fun of the Bible and it's teachings until they're blue in the face.  But the truth is this:  God's Word is perfect, relevant, authoritative, and powerful.  It was true when it was written, and it will still be true years after its critics are no longer able to rail against it.

What the Bible said is right years ago is still right today.

What the Bible said is wrong years ago is still wrong today.

People may change.  Behaviors may change.  Times may change.  But the Bible, which is the inspired Word of God, will never change.  And "Amen!" to that.

So, yeah, maybe my iPod is outdated.  And maybe my kids are right that some of my clothes are a little outdated too.  Ha!  Ha!  It's ok.  I can handle that.  :)

But God's word?  No way!  It's not outdated.  And it never will be.  It reigns as the objective standard of truth and wisdom for all of mankind, and will continue to do so for all of eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment