Sunday, April 27, 2014

The Broken Watch

This morning, my family and I were in church for a worship service.  My son made his way over to me while we were singing.  He leaned over and said, "Dad, your watch is broken."  I kissed him on his head, assured him it was not a problem, and sent him back to his seat.  He had been borrowing a cheap watch I bought at Wal Mart for under $10.   So it really was ok.

 That little conversation got me thinking as we continued to stand and sing there at Bible Fellowship Church.  We were in God's house, and my son came to me, his father, about something that was broken.  It occurred to me that I can go to my Heavenly Father about things that are broken in my life.  Things way more important than a cheap little watch.

As the music continued, I prayed, "Father, there are some things in my life that are broken."  Then I talked with Him, as the band played, about things in my life that need divine repair.  It was a neat time of prayer.

Everywhere you and I go, there are people with lives that are at least partially broken.  Marital, financial, professional, emotional, social, moral, and spiritual problems abound.  As that 80's song goes, "Everybody Hurts."

Whether we are singing in church, walking around the block, or driving down the road, we always have the freedom to pray, "Father, I've got something that is broken.  Can you please help me?"  And when we pray that, He not only listens, but He responds according to His perfect will.

I'm glad my son came to me about the broken watch.

And I bet our Heavenly Father is really glad when we go to Him about our broken lives.

What is it that needs fixing in your life?  Take it to the Heavenly Father.  He is there and He does care.  And He is more than capable of making things right.

No comments:

Post a Comment