Sunday, December 27, 2015

Christmas Rewind - 2015

*  Christmas of 2015 is now in the books.  I'll always remember it as a good one.  This was a simple, peaceful, and joyful time in our neck of the woods.
 
*  I really enjoyed the good times we all spent together here at New Calvary Baptist Church over the holidays.  That made this an even more special season.
 
*  Our church family enjoyed a delicious dinner together on the Sunday before Christmas.  The food was tasty and the fellowship was enjoyable.
*  Our choir did its annual Christmas cantata later that night.  I enjoyed being a part of it.  They recruited me to be a narrator and I had fun doing that.  I'm not much of a singer, but I am really proud of our choir.  They did great!
 
*  On Wednesday we had our Christmas worship services, which included carols and communion.  It was a special time that helped us all get into the right frame of mind for the season. 
 
*  I enjoyed watching the kids have fun together Christmas Eve.  They sat around in their pajamas that night and enjoyed each other.  I sure do love these kids!
 *  Of course everyone had fun opening gifts on Christmas morning.  I  believe the whole crew was happy to open some neat presents.
* My son gave me a checkers set, a table tennis set, and a cool Captain Spock lamp.  I especially like my lamp! 
  *  We had plenty of good food that day.  That morning we enjoyed a tasty quiche.  I really enjoyed that.
*  Dad and Mom also came over that morning to check out what all the kids got and enjoy some breakfast.  I'm glad we live close enough to them to enjoy holidays together as a family.
*  Later that day we went over to their house and had more fun.
 
*  I think it was the happiest and most peaceful Christmas we've had in a long time.  I really enjoyed every moment of it!
 
*  As for "Star Wars:  The Force Awakens" :  I loved it.  A fun movie that was a pleasure to watch.
 
*  I came across this on Twitter yesterday.  Never before have I eaten one of these, but it looks absolutely incredible.  I'm sure it's not healthy, but .... WOW!
*  We're still in holiday mode.  They have a week before everyone goes back to school.  And that's good.  I'm glad to see them enjoying this time of the year.
 
*  I hope all of you had a Merry Christmas!  God bless you and yours.
 
*  I've got plenty of new blog posts coming this week.  So feel free to check back in whenever you can.  And I hope you get a blessing out of them!
 
*  That's it for tonight.  Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment