Saturday, February 15, 2014

The Old Man Who Could Not Hear

Old people can sure bring a smile to our face, can't they?!

I was in a Publix yesterday.  As I was standing in the check-out line, I spotted an old man bagging groceries for the customers.  I noticed his eyes were locked on the old lady who was at the front of the line.

I don't know how to write what I want to say here.  But I'll try.  Here goes...

He was ... um ... checking her out.  And I'm not talking about checking out her groceries.  He was checking HER out.  I guess the old guy's heart was beating a little faster as he eyed this lady who undoubtedly was collecting social security and affectionately known as Mee Maw by her great grandchildren.

He just couldn't help himself.  The old man finally smiled with great charm, leaned towards the lovely, old lady, and said "Happy Valentine's Day, Sweetheart!"

She looked surprised.  Then she took a step towards him and replied, "Huh?  What did you say?"

Then a puzzled look grew on his face.  He inched closer to her face.  The old guy responded, "What did you say?"

The lady working the cash register tried not to smile.  I struggled not to bust out with laughter.  It was hilarious.

The old man could not hear.  The old lady was nearly deaf herself.  The two potential love-birds could not connect because neither of them knew what the other was saying.

It was a cute moment.

You know, I'm glad our God is not an old man who can not hear.  When we call out to Him in prayer, He hears what we say and how we say it!  Every word that rolls off our lips is understood by Him.  No communication problems exist with Him at all.

"I love The Lord, for He heard my voice" is what we read in Psalm 116:1.  Amen!  We lift our voice, and God knows precisely what we are saying.

Rest easy in knowing God does hear you.  He is totally in tune with your words.  And in His perfect timing, He will respond in the right way.

It's just one more reason why our God is awesome!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment