Saturday, August 8, 2015

Appreciated

I swung by an office the other day here in Sumter to pay a bill.  There was a lady sitting behind the counter, and she seemed to be really down.  I had seen her several times before and it seemed like this day she was hurting more than usual.  After I handed her a check, she gave me a receipt.  Then I said, "Hey, I appreciate you."  She looked at me with tired eyes and responded, "Well, thanks.  I haven't heard anyone say that in years."  That was pretty much the end of our conversation.

Wow!  That's pretty sad.  I hurt for her.

I wonder how many people we see every day feel just like that lady?  It's possible we rub shoulders with folks on a regular basis who feel like they are not appreciated.  And maybe more people feel like that than we realize.

I've learned gratitude is a good thing to have and demonstrate.  People are blessed and uplifted when we express to them how much we appreciate them.  It means the world to them.

Let's show our spouse, children, friends, neighbors, co-workers, volunteers, and leaders know how much they mean to us.  And while we're at it, let's tell God how much we appreciate Him as well.  The creation and the Creator alike receive a blessing when we tell them "Thank you" for what they do.

May each of us do our part in letting others know they are indeed appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment