Sunday, June 19, 2016

Father's Day 2016

It's been a great Father's Day!  I've enjoyed every bit of it.  The kids showed me a lot of love today.  And they really made it a special time together.  We went to church, ate a delicious Mexican meal, and hung out around the house.  I love Sunday's like that.

As I sit here tonight, I realize it's a privilege to be a dad.  In addition to that, it's a sacred responsibility.  It's my job to protect them, provide for them, and to guide them.  Of course the most important thing I am to do is point them to God, who has all the answers and a life changing dose of amazing grace for all four of them.

I've also reflected today on this reality:  The greatest Father of all is God.  He is the ultimate Protector and Provider.  He is the wisest Father that ever has or ever will exist.  And He has a LOT of love for all of His children.  When it comes to fatherhood, He reigns supreme as the best.

So that's what I'm thinking tonight.  God is good, and I'm glad to be one of His children.

Katie, Elizabeth, Rachel, and Emerson, I love all four of you.  It's a joy to be the one you call "Dad".  May God bless each of you, and may God give us many more happy years together.

No comments:

Post a Comment