Life is good here in The Gamecock City! I hope all is well for you and yours. Here's a rewind of what's been happening around here lately...
* This morning, I finished preaching a four week series on the book of Ruth in the Old Testament.
* We walked through most of the story (only leaving out a couple of small details here and there) the past month. It's an interesting story in and of itself. But we also looked at what it means to us today.
* It seems to me Ruth's story is one of losing about everything and seeing God's work of restoration take place.
* I enjoyed preaching through it, and I hope it was a blessing to our church family.
* This afternoon, we had a cookout here at the church. Burgers and hotdogs were fixed on the grill, and everyone had plenty to eat. It was a delicious meal!
* I sure do love pastoring this church. They mean the world to me, and I'm happy to be a part of them.
* Good ole Dad even got into the spirit of things today by fixing a banana pudding for the cookout.
* Way to go, Dad. I didn't know you had it in you to do that!
* Vacation Bible School is coming up here at the church July 24-28. Our theme this year is "Submerged".
* One thing I can tell you is this: These people here at New Calvary Baptist go absolutely NUTS and decorate more for VBS than any church I've even been a part of or seen. It's amazing. (Take a look for yourself at what they did last year by clicking HERE.) And they really do a good job of ministering to kids. So I'm already getting excited about it for this year, because I know our folks will be praying hard, working hard, and swinging for the fence.
* That's it for tonight. Life is going well, and I'm a thankful man. Very, very thankful!!
* New blog posts will be put up on the blog this week. I hope you get something good out of them.
* God bless you and yours!