Sunday, May 8, 2016

Sunday Night Rewind - 5/8/16

*  Happy Mother's Day to all you special ladies out there!!

*  I'm thankful for Lara being a good mom to our kids, and I'm thankful to Mom for being such a blessing to my brothers and me.  Both of these women mean a lot.

*  We had a big crowd today here at New Calvary Baptist Church.  

*  The music was worshipful and well done.

*  I preached "A Message For Moms And Everyone Else" out of 1 Samuel 1.  This was my point:  In her pain, Hannah prayed, found peace, and praised God.  In following her example, we should do the same.  It was a fun message to preach.

*  At the end of the service, a fine couple joined New Calvary.  What a thrill that was!
*  Welcome, Linwood and Lynn.  We're all glad you're here!  

*  Revival services went really well here at the church this past week.
*  Many thanks to Wyman Richardson for preaching powerful messages.
*  There was a positive spirit in the air, and we all enjoyed wonderful times of worship.  It was a great few days!

*  My middle brother, Condy, came over to join us for one service.
*  I'm always glad when the three of us can get together for a visit.  It doesn't happen much because all three of us are pastors.  So when we do get to hang out, it's a great time.

*  I'm proud of Wyman's wife, Roni.  She was recognized as Elementary School Teacher Of The Year at her school in Arkansas on Friday.
*  Way to go, Roni!  You're great at what you do.  :)

*  It's been a fine few days.  I'm a blessed and thankful man.

*  New blog posts will be posted this week.

*  Rest well tonight.  God bless you and yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment