Monday, December 14, 2015

Monday Morning Rewind - 12/14/15

*  I preached "Any Room?" on Sunday here at New Calvary Baptist Church.  The scripture was Luke 2:1-7 and you can read it here if you'd like.

*  Key point of the sermon was this:  There was no room in the inn for Joseph and Mary.  Is there room in our hearts for Jesus?  May God help us rid our hearts of anything that fills up the space where Jesus belongs.

*  New Calvary is growing.  New faces are showing up every week.  This thrills me!

*  We will be making several changes in the upcoming weeks and months to help us better accommodate new families and move up to the next level.

*  I love this church!

*  Congrats to my Elizabeth.  She recently received her high school class ring in a neat ceremony.  I liked how they let the parents present the rings to their children.

*  Here are a couple of pictures from the ceremony.  One is when I'm presenting the ring to her.  And the other is us right after it ended.
*  My Katie has finished finals and come home for Christmas break.  Real proud of her work during her first semester of college.

*  We're staying home for the Christmas holidays.  Looking forward to a peaceful time with family and friends right here in good ole Sumter.

*  I think South Carolina's hire of Will Mushcamp a few days ago was a good one.  Best wishes to him for great success here in Gamecock country.

*  Yes, I confess, I too am excited about the new Star Wars movie coming out in theaters this week.  It's hard not to be.

Plenty of new blog posts are coming out this week.  So feel free to stop by anytime.  I hope at least some of them are a blessing for you and yours.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment